Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Bringing Out the Joy!

Welcome to Week Three everybody!

Like I said in the podcast, I am having a blast with this. I'm overwhelmed by the number of listeners and the response. Thank you all so much for choosing to listen to anything I have to say.

We had to split this week into two-parts. I had too much to talk about with "Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee" that one episode just wasn't going to cut it. This week we dove into the background of the hymn and next week we will talk about what it means for us and what it is calling us to do as Christ followers. 

For now, let's talk about the episode! I introduced you to a great resource with music at the beginning and toward the end of the podcast provided by a great resource called The Hymnal Project (www.thehymnalproject.com). Here is a direct link to the EDM-Influenced Collection as well as the Piano Collection used under my reading of the hymn at the end.



Here is a fascinating little bit from the Hymnology Archive that I spoke about as well.

It's one of the only surviving hand written manuscript of the song by Van Dyke sent to Louis Benson...




I can't wait to finish this two-part episode next week. Thank you for listening and don't forget to follow and share The Bright Forever with everyone you know. Have a great week!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glory Speak (EP08)

I gave you a challenge this week…just before you begin your day, in your quiet time, or just before bed, maybe when you can’t sleep…consider...