Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Episode 02 - I Stand Amazed

We made it to episode 2. The response has been pretty amazing. We've already hit over 80 downloads in the first week. I'm astonished! I was not expecting the number of people who have already said it has had an impact on them. It's awesome to see God already moving in peoples' lives through this podcast. 

This week we take a look at Charles Gabriel's "I Stand Amazed in the Presence." As a special treat at the end of the podcast you all get to hear a recording of the hymn sung by Dena (my wife), Zoey & Lily (my two oldest daughters) and myself. We had a great time recording it, and the girls loved being part of the podcast. 

Below are links to the two other versions of the song we discussed on the podcast...

First, we have the Norton Hall Band version (my favorite):


The second one is my girls' favorite version by Bart Millard:


And just because it's cool, here is a picture of the 1905 book "Praises" where this song first appeared by E.O. Excell's publishing company in Chicago.


Have a great week and we'll see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glory Speak (EP08)

I gave you a challenge this week…just before you begin your day, in your quiet time, or just before bed, maybe when you can’t sleep…consider...